How To Play
Fantasy Movie League is a fantasy sports-style game, where players use their knowledge of the movie industry and skill to pick which group of films will receive the most awards on Oscars night.
1. The game opens for movie selection on Wednesday, February 15 at 4:00:00 PM PT. All players must finalize their Fantasy Cineplex selections by 4:00:00 PM PT on Sunday, February 26. The Academy Awards are on Sunday, February 27.
2. Players may select up to eight films to feature on the screens of their own Fantasy Cineplex. Each movie available for selection has an associated FML Bux cost and all players must stay within a fixed spending limit of $1,000 FML Bux.
3. For this contest, there will be 15 movies available for selection.
4. Players can feature a movie on as many screens as their budget allows. They will earn the movie's total points for each screen of their Fantasy Cineplex that features the movie.
5. Players do not have to select movies for all eight of their Fantasy Cineplex screens and may strategically choose not to do so. However, a $2MM penalty will be assessed for each unused screen and the total sum of all penalties will be deducted from the player's box office total at the end of the contest.
6. Players will earn points based on the selections in their Cineplex winning awards at the 2017 Academy Awards.
7. Points will be awarded based on the following scoring system:
- Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor & Best Actress: $50M each
- Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Best Original Screenplay & Best Adapted Screenplay: $25M each
- Best Animated Feature, Best Cinematography, Best Editing, Best Production Design & Best Costume Design: $15M each
- Best Score, Best Song, Best Effects, Best Makeup, Best Mixing & Best Sound Editing: $10M each
8. Players will earn a bonus $2MM for each screen showing the weekly Best Performer, which is the movie with the highest total value per FML Buck.
9. Players may add and remove movies as often as they would like prior to the Sunday deadline. Movies that have been selected may be removed from Fantasy Cineplex screens and new movies added, so long as the player's budget never exceeds the $1,000 FML Bux limit.
10. Time of submission will be used to break any ties, with the earliest time getting preference.
11. Players automatically compete in the All Cineplexes League with all other Fantasy Movie League players. They can also create and compete in multiple Private Leagues.
12. At the conclusion of the contest, the player with the three highest total score will be rewarded with a prize (read the Contest Rules):
- First Place: $50 gift card from MovieTickets.com and a personally inscribed and autographed copy of Matthew Berry's "Fantasy Life" book.
- Second Place: $25 gift card from MovieTickets.com.
- Third Place: $25 gift card from MovieTickets.com.
If you have any questions for us here at Fantasy Awards League, or have any comments or suggestions about the game, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.